UTK PRSSA Member Benefits
- Opportunity to build and foster relationships with fellow PR, Advertising, and or Journalism students.
- Receive advice and mentorship from the UTK Chapter executive board members.
- Attend workshops and panels to build your resume and professional portfolio for the career you want.
- Utilize PRSSA to discover the right internship or job through a variety of networking opportunities, and the PRSSA member portal.
- Receive expert advice from public relations practitioners as they share their experience in the PR industry.
- Gain leadership experience by serving on the executive board.
- Pay reduced membership dues for the PRSA Volunteer Chapter post-graduation.
National PRSSA Member Benefits
- Scholarships and Competitions: PRSSA awards nearly $20,000 in scholarships and award competitions to members each year.
- Click here to check out scholarships PRSSA members are eligible to apply for!
- Job Center: PRSSA’s online database of internships and jobs are available to members. The site has job hotlines, directories, professional contact information and even an online career manual.
- National Conference: Members from across the country convene annually for the PRSSA National Conference. The conference offers professional development sessions, socials, resume critiques, networking opportunities and more.
- FORUM: is PRSSA’s national newspaper, which contains society and industry news, tips for writing, job hunting, and other topics. Any member can submit pieces to this publication – a wonderful addition to your portfolio.
- Regional Activities: Chapters in each section of the country offer mini-conferences each spring. They provide daylong seminars on different facets of public relations, as well as chances to network.